VELS Library building spans over an area of 20, 000 sq. ft. It has a seating capacity of 400 persons and follows open access system with State-of-the art facilities. Library houses a collection of 62,423 Books and 11,472 Back Volumes. It subscribes to more than 339 Periodicals ( National & International), 8100 + E-Journals, 3400 E-Books, 1718 Dissertations, 3200 CDs, DVDs and Audio – Visual resources. Our Vision is to provide world-class knowledge resources that not only cater to the curricular requirements but also provide Intellectual enquiry and Research. We have separate library for Maritime Studies at Thalambur having built-up area of 3000 sq.ft and more than 5000 books.
The transactions of the library are fully automated and automation covers the entire gamut of library activities such as Acquisition, Circulation with provision for renewal, reservation, serial control, OPAC ( Online Public Access Catalogue), and generating various types of Reports and Statistics.
Besides the Central Library, each School has its own Library with technical books and journals.
The Library has:
1. Stack Area I: It contains more than 53,833 books on Arts, Science & Technology, Engineering, Paramedical, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Directories, Thesaurus, Year Books, Glossaries, Maps and Atlases..
2. Stack Area II: It contains more than 1550 Books for students to prepare the various Competitive Examinations and Student Project Reports.
3. Reference Section: Has over 7040 books in various disciplines.
4. Periodical Section: Has over 11,472 Back Volumes of Scientific and Technical periodicals. It also contains 339 Periodicals from various Professional Societies. Our Leading Recruiters
5. Digital Library: It facilitates access to Electronic Information Services to ensure that the information needs of our Students, Faculty and Staff are met. We provide everything from traditional paper based books and journals to e-books and e-journals including pod casts & web casts. It houses Image Scanner, Laser Printer and 50 Computers with Internet Connection. Each system connected with Online Printer.
6. Audio - Video Conference Hall: It houses LCD and Pentium Systems with Internet. It will be used for the presentation of audio visuals available in the library or in selective cases brought from the other libraries also.
7. Reprographic Section: It provides Cannon IR 3225 copier machine (Xerox) facilities are available for member to copy the required materials, at a nominal cost for all working days.