This one-year pre sea training course for graduate engineers [GME] is a course leading to class 4 marine engineer officer certificate of competency awarded by the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India, after six months of sea service, enabling the cadets, to become marine engineers on board merchant naval ships anywhere in the world.
1. Candidates should qualify in entrance examination which will be conducted at School of Maritime Studies, Vels University Chennai
2. Entrance examination will consist of objective type questions in areas such as English, IQ and Psychometry
3. Medical fitness required as per Ministry of Shipping guidelines.
4 .Medical fitness should be certified by Ministry of Shipping approved doctor.
5. Eyesight requirement — minimum unaided vision in each eye to be 6/12 with no colour blindness
1. Application Form Can Be Downloaded From Website www.velsuniv.ac.in
2. Filled in application form, should be sent to the address given below.
3. Once Application Form Duly Filled-In Is Received, Call Letter For Entrance Examination will be sent to the candidates from vels university.