Engineering is the application of scientific principles for a better living. The engineering education at VELs University is designed to accommodate current trends and future needs. We have incorporated flexibility in our curricula. As such we have an obligation to address the full range of higher education, namely: teaching and learning, research, and service to the community. The major element in our design of engineering education is teamwork and partnership. In addition to the regular curriculum, we provide additional courses on communication skills and soft skills to make our students prepared to face any interview. We also we arrange several invited talks, conduct seminars/workshops, and National & International conferences on state of the art technology. Students are regularly taken to various industries to provide first hand information about the happenings in the real world.
The School of Engineering is an associate of various Professional Bodies & Associations
- BAI - Builders Association of India
- ICI - Indian Concrete Institute
- ASME - American Society for Mechanical Engineers
- IAENG - International Association of Engineers
- IE - Institution of Engineers (India)
- IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IETE - Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
- IIPE - Indian Institute of Production Engineers
- ISHRAE - Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- ISTE - Indian Society for Technical Education
- NIQR - National Institution for Quality & Reliability
- SAEINDIA - Society of Automotive Engineers
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analyses: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.